UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has announced investment of up to £2 million via a competition aimed at the design and delivery of new and disruptive sustainable biomanufacturing by 2050.
Available for entry to qualifying entities in the UK and with the following additional project criteria to be met:
- have total costs between £50,000 and £100,000
- start by 1 July 2023
- end by 31 December 2023
- last between 3 and 6 months
- carry out all of its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK.
Any proposals must support organisations in biomanufacturing in the future to be:
- net zero and resource efficient
- resilient and responsive
- technologically advanced and digital.
At M&C we have subject matter experts in all relevant technical fields and, as such, are ideally placed to work with all competition entrants - not just the winners - to ensure all intellectual property created in providing solutions to the above challenges are properly protected.
This is an exciting opportunity and one that, as a chemist by background, makes me feel hopeful that we can step up our materials-based innovations for a sustainable future.
We look forward to being part of the journey!